This Easy Maple Tahini Sauce is a delicious and versatile dressing that can be used on salads, as a dip, or on top of your favorite protein. With just a few simple ingredients and a mason jar, you can whip up this flavorful vegan sauce in no time.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In The Maple Tahini Sauce Recipe
To make this delicious tahini dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
- Tahini: Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds and provides a creamy and nutty flavor to the dressing.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Olive oil is a healthy and flavorful addition to the dressing.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice provides a tangy and citrusy flavor to the dressing.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Maple syrup adds a natural sweetness to the dressing and complements the nuttiness of the tahini.
- Red Wine Vinegar: Red wine vinegar provides a slightly acidic and tangy flavor to the dressing.
- Garlic: A small amount of minced garlic adds depth and complexity to the dressing.
- Salt: Salt is necessary to enhance the flavors in the dressing.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper adds subtle spiciness and depth of flavor to the dressing.
- Cold Water: Cold water is optional, but it can be added to thin the dressing to a desired consistency. Using more water makes it a dressing, while no water makes it a dip.
- Mason jar or mixing bowl and whisk/fork
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Citrus juicer or handheld juicer (for the lemon juice)
- Garlic press or mincer
How To Make This Maple Tahini Sauce
Start by gathering all of the necessary ingredients.
In a medium-mixing mason jar, add the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Close the mason jar tightly with the lid, and shake well to combine all of the ingredients. You can also use a whisk or a fork to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
If you are using the sauce as a dip, you can leave the consistency nice and thick. If you prefer to use it as a dressing, you can thin it out by adding up to 1/4 cup of cold water. Close the mason jar again and shake well to combine.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add more salt or pepper, or adjust the sweetness by adding more maple syrup.
Once you have achieved the desired consistency and taste, your Easy Maple Tahini Sauce is ready to use! Enjoy it as a dip with vegetables or crackers, or use it as a dressing for salads, falafel, grilled proteins, or roasted vegetables. It’s versatile and delicious. I highly recommend trying it out with my Smashed Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Tips & Tricks For This Maple Tahini Sauce Recipe
- Use high-quality tahini and pure maple syrup for the best flavor.
- Adjust the sweetness and acidity to your taste by adding more or less maple syrup and lemon juice or vinegar.
- If the dressing is too thick, add a small amount of water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- Use the dressing as a marinade for grilled tofu for added flavor.
FAQ: Maple Tahini Sauce
Yes, you can use a different type of vinegar if you prefer. white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar would be good substitutes.
Yes, you can use honey instead of maple syrup if you prefer.
Yes, this dressing can be used as a sauce for stir-fry dishes.
It’s not recommended to freeze this dressing, as the texture may change and the flavors may not be as fresh.
Easy Maple Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cold water to thin the dressing (optional, using more water makes it a dressing, no water makes it a dip)
- In a medium mixing mason jar, add the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Close tightly with the lid, and shake well to combine.
- If you are using this as a dip, leave the consistency nice and thick. If you are using this as a dressing, thin out the mixture by adding up to 1/4 cup of cold water and shaking well to combine.
- Enjoy as a dip, or on top of your favourite protein, salads, falafel, and more!
This Easy Maple Tahini Sauce is a healthy and delicious way to add flavor to your meals. With its creamy texture, nutty flavor, and subtle sweetness, it’s sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Enjoy it as a vegan dip, dressing, or marinade, and experiment with different variations to find your favorite combination.