Looking for a delicious and easy vegan salad dressing? Look no further than this game-changing vegan Caesar salad dressing recipe! Made with tahini, a vegan superfood packed with health benefits, this dressing is rich, creamy, and bursting with flavor. Use it on traditional Caesar salads, kale Caesar salads, buffalo wraps, vegan cauliflower wings, and more. Plus, it’s gluten-free and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, making it perfect for meal prep. Elevate your salads and vegan appetizers with this irresistible dairy free Caesar salad dressing recipe!
Why Traditional Caesar Dressing Isn’t Vegan
Traditional Caesar salad dressing is not vegan because it contains anchovies, which are a type of fish. These tiny fish are used to add a distinct umami flavor to the dressing. However, for those following a vegan diet, this is not an option. Additionally, many store-bought Caesar dressings contain dairy products, such as Parmesan cheese or cream, which are also not vegan-friendly. Fortunately, this dairy-free Caesar salad dressing recipe is free from animal products and is just as rich and flavorful as the original.
Ingredients & Substitutions For This Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
To make a delicious vegan Caesar salad dressing, you’ll need a few key ingredients. The first ingredient is garlic, which adds a bold, savory flavor to the dressing. You’ll want to use 1-2 large cloves of minced garlic for the perfect balance of flavor.
Next, you’ll need lemon juice, which adds a bright, tangy note to the dressing. Use about 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to achieve the right balance of acidity.
To create a creamy, rich texture for your dressing, you’ll need tahini, a paste made from ground sesame seeds. Use about 1/4 cup of tahini in your recipe.
Dijon mustard is also an essential ingredient for dairy free Caesar salad dressing. It adds a pungent, slightly spicy flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dressing. Use about 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
Finally, you’ll need salt and pepper to taste, as well as cold water to thin out the dressing to your desired consistency. If you want to add some extra flavor to your dressing, you can also include caper brine and nutritional yeast as optional ingredients.
With these ingredients, you’ll be well on your way to creating a delicious and healthy dairy free Caesar salad dressing that’s sure to impress!
To make your vegan Caesar salad dressing, you’ll need a few basic kitchen tools, including a mason jar with a lid for mixing and storing the dressing, a garlic press for mincing the garlic, and a citrus juicer for extracting the lemon juice. A small whisk or fork can also come in handy for stirring the ingredients together.
How to Make This Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- First, gather all of your ingredients and a mason jar with a lid.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, tahini, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to the mason jar.
- If you’re using them, add the caper brine and nutritional yeast as well.
- Screw the lid onto the mason jar tightly and shake the jar vigorously to combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Once the dressing is well mixed, place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill and allow the flavors to meld together.
- After the dressing has chilled, give it another good shake to make sure it’s well mixed.
- Finally, drizzle the dairy free Caesar salad dressing over your favorite salad greens, toss to coat, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the best dairy free caesar salad dressing possible:
- Be sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste preferences, adding more or less salt, pepper, or lemon juice as needed.
- If you prefer a thinner dressing, you can add a little more water to the recipe.
- Make sure to store your dressing in the refrigerator and use it within a week for optimal freshness.
FAQ: Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
Traditional Caesar salad dressing contains anchovies, which are not vegan. However, you can easily make a vegan version of the dressing using ingredients like tahini and nutritional yeast.
You can store homemade vegan Caesar salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can adjust the seasoning in your vegan Caesar salad dressing by adding more or less salt, pepper, or lemon juice as needed. If you prefer a thinner dressing, you can add a little more water to the recipe.
It can also be used as a dip for vegetables or as a sauce for roasted vegetables, grilled tofu, or tempeh.
Vegan Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1-2 large cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp caper brine
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Add all the ingredients into a mason jar
- Shake it all together and put it in the fridge. You can serve it immediately, but I prefer to let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 mins before serving.
Making your own vegan Caesar salad dressing is easy, affordable, and delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you can create a creamy and flavorful dressing that is healthier and more ethical than the traditional version. Whether you’re a vegan or not, this recipe is a must-try that will surely impress your taste buds.