If you are looking for a quick, healthy, and delicious meal, then you should try making a vegan chickpea curry wrap. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also packed with nutrients and flavor. In this recipe, we will discuss everything you need to know about this mouth-watering meal, including the ingredients, the recipe, and FAQs.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Vegan Chickpea Curry Wrap
Let’s dive into the scrumptious ingredients that make up this vegan chickpea curry wrap. The chickpea mixture is the star of the show, providing a deliciously savory and slightly spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with the freshness of the lettuce.
First, we start with two cans of chickpeas that have been rinsed and drained. Chickpeas are a fantastic source of plant-based protein and fiber, making them an excellent choice for vegans and non-vegans alike. Plus, they have a satisfying texture that gives this wrap a hearty feel.
Next up is tahini, which is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It has a nutty, slightly bitter flavor that adds depth to the chickpea mixture. The tahini also adds a creamy texture that balances out the spiciness of the sriracha.
Speaking of sriracha, it adds a nice kick of heat to the chickpea mixture. If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, you can swap out the sriracha for vegan mayo instead. But if you’re like me and love a little bit of heat, this ingredient will give your taste buds a delicious jolt.
We can’t forget the curry powder, which gives the chickpea mixture its signature curry flavor. The sweet and earthy notes of the curry powder pair beautifully with the spicy sriracha and creamy tahini.
To balance out the sweetness of the maple syrup or agave, we add a touch of garlic powder. Garlic is a powerful ingredient that provides a punch of flavor without overwhelming the other ingredients.
Lastly, we add finely chopped red onion and fresh cilantro (or parsley if you’re not a fan of cilantro). These ingredients provide a burst of freshness and crunch that ties the whole wrap together.
To assemble the wrap, we use 12-inch tortilla wraps and top them with fresh lettuce. It’s that simple!
Here are some helpful tools and equipment that will make preparing and assembling your Vegan Chickpea Curry Wraps even easier:
- Mixing Bowl: You’ll need a medium-sized mixing bowl to combine all the ingredients for the chickpea mixture. A bowl with a non-slip bottom is ideal to prevent it from moving around as you mix.
- Fork or Masher: A fork or masher is necessary to mash the chickpea mixture to your desired consistency. You can use a potato masher or a fork to mash the chickpeas, leaving some whole or halved for added texture.
- Cutting Board and Knife: You’ll need a cutting board and a sharp knife to dice the red onion and chop the cilantro or parsley.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: The recipe calls for specific measurements of ingredients, so having a set of measuring cups and spoons on hand will ensure you get the perfect balance of flavors.
- Tortilla Warmer (optional): If you want to keep your tortilla wraps warm and soft, a tortilla warmer can be a great investment. Simply heat the tortillas in the microwave or oven and place them in the warmer to keep them soft and pliable.
How To Make This Vegan Chickpea Curry Wrap
Are you ready to make a delicious and healthy vegan lunch that’s also easy to prep ahead? Let’s get started!
First, gather all your ingredients together. You’ll need two cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, salt, pepper, sriracha (or vegan mayo, if you prefer), red onion, cilantro (or parsley), tortilla wraps, and lettuce.
In a medium mixing bowl. Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and sriracha. Use a fork or masher to mash the mixture until you reach your desired consistency. You can leave a few chickpeas whole or halved to add some texture.
Fold in the diced red onion and chopped cilantro (or parsley) until everything is evenly mixed.
Now it’s time to assemble your wraps. Lay out your tortilla wraps and place some lettuce on each one. Then add 1/4 of the chickpea mixture to each tortilla, spreading it out evenly. Roll up the wraps tightly to close them.
Your delicious Vegan Chickpea Curry Wraps are ready to enjoy! You can store any leftover chickpea mixture in the fridge for up to 4 days. Making it easy to prep your wraps for a quick and tasty vegan lunch.
Enjoy your tasty and healthy vegan lunch, packed full of protein and nutrients from the chickpeas, and the zing of flavor from the curry powder and sriracha!
Tips & Tricks For This Chickpea Curry Wrap
- Use high-quality ingredients: The key to any great recipe is using the best ingredients you can find. Make sure to use fresh produce and quality spices to bring out the best flavors in this wrap.
- Adjust the spice level: If you’re not a fan of spicy foods. Feel free to substitute the sriracha with vegan mayo. Alternatively, you can reduce the amount of sriracha to adjust the heat level to your liking.
- Mash the chickpeas to your desired consistency: The recipe calls for mashing the chickpeas with a fork or masher until you reach your desired consistency. Leaving some chickpeas whole or halved will add texture to the wrap. So experiment to find the perfect texture for you.
- Let the flavors meld: After you’ve mixed the chickpea mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. This will enhance the overall taste of the wrap.
- Use fresh lettuce: Fresh lettuce will add a nice crunch to the wrap, so make sure to use it when assembling your wraps.
- Wrap it tightly: When rolling up the wrap, make sure to wrap it tightly to prevent the filling from falling out. You can also use toothpicks to keep the wraps together.
FAQ: Vegan Chickpea Curry Wrap
Yes, you can add other vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or sweet potatoes to the curry mixture. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces and add them at the same time as the chickpeas.
Yes, you can make the curry mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to make the wraps, simply warm up the mixture and assemble the wraps.
Yes, you can freeze the chickpea curry mixture for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator and warm it up on the stove.
Yes, you can use a different type of tortilla like a flour tortilla or a corn tortilla.
Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry Wrap
- 2 cans rinsed and drained chickpeas
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp sriracha (if you don't like spicy, use vegan mayo instead)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (use parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 4 12 inch tortilla wraps
- lettuce for each wrap (2 small, or 1 large piece lettuce per wrap)
- In a medium mixing bowl add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic powder, maple syrup, salt, pepper and sriracha.
- Mash with a fork or masher until you reach your desired consistency. Leaving a few chickpeas whole or halved will add texture.
- Fold in the diced red onion, and cilantro.
- Assemble your wraps by placing the lettuce, then adding 1/4 of the chickpea mixture to each tortilla, then roll up the wrap to close it.
- The chickpea mixture lasts 4 days in the fridge, so wraps can be easily assembled in the morning for a quick vegan lunch meal prep. Enjoy!
In conclusion, this vegan chickpea curry wrap is not only delicious but also a great option for a healthy, plant-based meal. With a flavorful chickpea mixture wrapped in a soft tortilla, it’s a perfect lunch or dinner option that’s quick and easy to make. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking for new meatless meal ideas, this wrap is definitely worth a try. And with the helpful tips and tricks provided, you can customize the recipe to your liking and ensure that every bite is just as delicious as the last. So go ahead and give this recipe a go, and enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s sure to become a new favorite!