Indulge in a chocolate lover’s dream with this Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal recipe. Imagine biting into a warm, gooey oatmeal that tastes just like a Snickers bar, but with a healthy twist. Plus, it only takes 5 minutes to prep!
This vegan breakfast treat is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients, making it the perfect way to start your day. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to making baked oatmeal, this recipe is a breeze. Simply mix all the dry ingredients together, add in the wet ingredients, pour it into a greased baking dish, and let it bake for 30 minutes. Voila, a delicious and healthy breakfast that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In The Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal Recipe
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal are simple and healthy. Here is a list of the main ingredients that you will need:
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats are the base of this recipe and provide a great source of fiber and protein.
- Plant milk: Any type of plant milk can be used in this recipe, such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk. Plant milk is a great dairy-free alternative to regular milk and provides a creamy texture.
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is used to give this recipe its signature Snickers flavor. It also adds healthy fats and protein to the dish.
- Cacao powder: Cacao powder is used to give the oatmeal a chocolatey flavor. It is also high in antioxidants and can provide health benefits.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is used to add sweetness to the dish. It is also a healthier alternative to refined sugar.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a great source of fiber and protein. They are used in this recipe to thicken the oatmeal and add texture.
- Ground flax seeds: Ground flax seeds are used in this recipe as an egg substitute. They provide a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
- Medjool dates: Chopped Medjool dates are used to add natural sweetness and a caramel flavor to the dish.
- Salted peanuts: Chopped salted peanuts are used as a topping to add a crunch and saltiness to the dish.
Additionally, to make the healthy chocolate icing that goes on top of the baked oatmeal, you will need:
- Peanut butter or almond butter: Either peanut butter or almond butter can be used in the icing to add richness and creaminess.
- Cacao powder: Cacao powder is used in the icing to give it a chocolatey flavor.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup is used to sweeten the icing.
- Plant milk: Any type of plant milk can be used to thin out the icing to the desired consistency.
- Pure vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is used to add flavor to the icing.
- 7×10 inch baking dish
- High-powered blender or food processor
How To Make This Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In a 7×10 inch baking dish, add all the ingredients for the oatmeal bake and mix well to combine. Be sure to stir until everything is evenly distributed.
Bake the oatmeal at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal is cooked through.
While the oatmeal is baking, make the chocolate icing. In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all the icing ingredients and blend until smooth. Try not to eat all the icing before the oatmeal bake comes out of the oven. 😉
Once the oatmeal bake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Spread the chocolate icing evenly over the top of the oatmeal bake.
Sprinkle the chopped salted peanuts over the icing, making sure they are evenly distributed.
Serve the Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal while it is still warm and enjoy!
This dish can be served as a delicious and healthy breakfast or dessert option. It can also be made ahead of time and reheated later for a quick and easy meal.
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Use ripe, chopped Medjool dates to add natural sweetness to the oatmeal bake.
- For extra protein and texture, add a handful of chopped nuts or seeds to the oatmeal bake mixture.
- To make this dish gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
FAQ: Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal
It can last for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Yes, baked oatmeal is a nutritious breakfast option that is loaded with fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals. This vegan snickers baked oatmeal recipe is also free of added sugar, fat, and cholesterol.
Yes, just make sure your oats are certified gluten-free.
Vegan Snickers Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plant milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 large chopped medjool dates
- 2 tbsp chopped salted peanuts (for topping)
Healthy Chocolate Icing
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients for the oatmeal bake into the 7×10 baking dish and mix well to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- While the oats are baking, make the chocolate icing.
- Add all the icing ingredients to a high-powdered blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread the icing onto the oatmeal bake, and sprinkle the chopped salted peanuts evenly overtop. Serve, and enjoy!
This vegan Snickers baked oatmeal recipe is the perfect way to start your day with a delicious and healthy breakfast. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor and nutrients and can be customized to fit your dietary needs. So, whether you’re a vegan or simply looking for a nutritious breakfast option, give this recipe a try and enjoy a dairy-free treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!