Decadent Vegan Chocolate Frosting. This Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe is so rich and delicious, you’ll want to eat it straight out of the bowl! Made with healthier ingredients, it only takes a few minutes to whip up this heavenly treat. Perfect for topping off a variety of vegan desserts, from cakes to cupcakes and more!
Imagine a velvety, chocolatey frosting that’s not only vegan but also refined sugar-free, and dairy-free. It sounds too good to be true, but with this recipe, it’s a reality. Whip up a batch in just 5 minutes, and enjoy it as is or use it to elevate your favorite vegan desserts.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- Peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Cacao powder
- Pure maple syrup
- Plant milk – Plain flavor is best although any plant-based milk can be used. Although that might change the flavor.
- Pure vanilla extract
- High powered blender or food processor: Using a high powered blender or food processor will ensure that the ingredients are blended smoothly and evenly.
- Spatula: A spatula will come in handy for spreading the frosting onto your cake or cupcakes.
- Piping bag and tips: If you want to get fancy with your frosting, use a piping bag and tips to create different designs and patterns.
How To Make This Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Add all the icing ingredients (peanut butter, cacao powder, pure maple syrup, plant milk, and pure vanilla extract) to a high powered blender or food processor.
Blend the ingredients until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender or processor as needed.
Taste the frosting and adjust the sweetness or consistency as needed.
Once the frosting is smooth and creamy, use a spatula to spread it onto your cake or cupcakes.
Try not to eat it all before frosting your cake or cupcakes! It’s tempting, but save some for the topping.
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature before blending to ensure a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Adjust the sweetness: If you prefer a sweeter frosting, add more maple syrup or another sweetener of your choice. You can also adjust the consistency by adding more plant milk if it’s too thick.
- Decorate with toppings: Once you’ve frosted your cake or cupcakes, you can decorate them with toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or fresh fruit.
FAQ: Chocolate Vegan Frosting
Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly as it does not contain any animal products.
Absolutely! You can substitute peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter you prefer.
Add in some chopped nuts or some vegan chocolate chips for an extra crunch. You can also drizzle in some melted peanut butter or almond butter for a nutty twist.
Keep the Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe fresh and delectable by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. But let’s be real, this irresistible icing will probably be devoured long before it has a chance to make it to the freezer.
Healthy Chocolate Frosting
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all the icing ingredients to a high powdered blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Try not to eat it all before frosting your cake or cupcakes 😜