Indulge in the rich, chocolatey goodness of this Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal recipe. This healthy vegan breakfast dish is the perfect way to start your day, and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. Made with simple, wholesome ingredients, this oatmeal is sure to satisfy any chocolate cravings.
As a food blogger and at-home chef, I know the importance of starting the day off on the right foot. This Brownie Baked Oatmeal is the perfect way to do just that. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also packed with healthy ingredients that will give you the energy you need to tackle your day. And the best part? It’s vegan-friendly, making it suitable for any dietary restrictions.
This baked brownie oatmeal dish is perfect for meal prep, and it’s a great option for feeding a crowd. The recipe is easy to scale up, so you can make as much or as little as you need. And because it’s so quick to prepare, you’ll have more time to spend with your guests while it’s baking.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option that’s also vegan-friendly, you’ll love this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal. It’s made with simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry and fridge, and it’s easy to customize to your taste preferences.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tasty breakfast dish:
- 2 cups plant milk (coconut is the best)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
Cocoa powder: If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can use cacao powder or carob powder.
Maple syrup or agave nectar: You can use honey, brown sugar, or coconut sugar instead of maple syrup or agave nectar. Note that if you use honey this will no longer be vegan.
Here are some helpful tools that can make preparing Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal even easier:
- Measuring cups and spoons: To ensure that you’re adding the right amount of each ingredient, it’s important to have measuring cups and spoons. This will help you get the right balance of flavors and textures in your oatmeal.
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl is essential for combining all of the ingredients together. Make sure it’s big enough to hold all of the ingredients without spilling over the edges.
- Baking dish: A 6×9 inch baking dish is the perfect size for making Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal. You can also use a 9×9 inch baking dish if you prefer.
- Oven: A preheated oven set to 350°F (175°C) is necessary for baking the oatmeal. Make sure your oven is functioning properly and has been calibrated recently for the best results.
- Whisk or fork: You’ll need a whisk or fork to mix the ingredients together. This ensures that the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined.
- Rubber spatula: A rubber spatula is perfect for scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl to make sure all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
How To Make This Vegan Brownie Oatmeal Bake
Making Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal is as easy as 1-2-3! Here’s how to make this scrumptious breakfast dish:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). This will ensure that your oatmeal bakes evenly and comes out perfectly cooked.
Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, into a 6×9 inch baking dish. This includes rolled oats, plant milk, pure maple syrup, all-natural peanut butter, cocoa powder, ground flax, baking powder, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted.
Mix all the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined. Make sure the oats are fully coated with the liquid ingredients. This will ensure that your oatmeal comes out soft, moist, and fluffy.
Fold in the vegan chocolate chips gently, so that they’re evenly distributed throughout the oatmeal mixture. This will give your Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal a chocolatey goodness that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Bake the oatmeal at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes. This is the perfect amount of time to cook the oatmeal until it’s crispy on the edges and soft and fluffy in the middle.
Let the oatmeal cool for a few minutes before serving. You can serve it as is or add your favorite toppings like fresh berries, a drizzle of peanut butter, or even some dairy-free ice cream.
With just a few simple steps, you can create a delicious and healthy Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Mix dry ingredients separately: To ensure that the cocoa powder and other dry ingredients are evenly distributed, mix them together in a separate bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips: Don’t overmix the chocolate chips when you fold them in, or they may break and melt in the oven. Simply fold them in gently until they are evenly distributed throughout the oatmeal.
- Add some chopped nuts to the oatmeal batter for some extra texture and flavor.
- Let it cool before serving: After baking, let the oatmeal cool for a few minutes before serving. This will help it set and make it easier to slice and serve.
FAQ: Vegan Brownie Baked Oatmeal
This delicious and healthy vegan brownie baked oatmeal can be stored in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container. Or even frozen for up to a month. Perfect for those busy mornings, this oatmeal bake can be enjoyed cold, straight from the fridge, or reheated for a warm and comforting start to your day. Meal prepping has never been easier or more delicious with this vegan brownie baked oatmeal recipe.
No eggs are necessary for this vegan brownie baked oatmeal recipe. Instead, we use a flax “egg” which is a combination of ground flaxseed and water that acts as a binding agent. This substitution ensures that the oatmeal bake holds together while also keeping the recipe 100% vegan. The flax “egg” adds a boost of healthy fats and fiber to the dish, making it not only delicious but nutritious as well. Perfect for those who follow a plant-based diet or are looking for an egg-free option.
Brownie Baked Oatmeal pairs with fresh juicy fruit. Raspberries, cherries, blueberries, or bananas all complement the rich chocolate flavor of the oatmeal perfectly.
The perfect plant milk to use in this recipe is one that complements the rich chocolate flavor of the vegan brownie baked oatmeal. Coconut milk adds a delicious and creamy taste to the dish. I like to use a blend of unsweetened coconut and almond milk. However, if you’re sensitive to coconut or looking for a different option, oat milk is a great alternative. It offers a creamy texture that pairs well with the oats and peanut butter in the recipe.
You can enjoy it as is or sprinkle it with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips. This delectable baked oatmeal brownie breakfast meal is perfect to share with friends and family to start off your morning the right way!
Brownie Baked Oatmeal Vegan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a 6×9 baking dish.
- Mix together thoroughly, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
In conclusion, this vegan brownie baked oatmeal recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional brownies. Not only is it easy to make. But it is also packed with nutritious ingredients such as oats and peanut butter that will keep you full and energized. Whether you’re looking for a quick and satisfying vegan breakfast or a tasty vegan meal prep option, this recipe is sure to please. The options for plant milk and toppings make it customizable to your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whether you’re vegan or not, this brownie-baked oatmeal recipe is a must-try!