This Oatmeal Bake With Berries is the perfect recipe for those who love a warm and comforting vegan breakfast, but don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen. This vegan one-dish wonder takes only 5 minutes to prep and packs a flavorful punch with the addition of fresh berries. The oatmeal is soft, chewy, and delicious, making it the perfect meal to start your day off right. The combination of oats and fresh berries is like a symphony in your mouth, providing a harmonious balance of sweet and tart flavors. So why not give this easy recipe a try and elevate your breakfast game with this delicious vegan Oatmeal Bake With Berries.
This baked oatmeal combines healthy vegan ingredients in 1 just dish. It only takes 5 minutes to prep and is so soft, chewy, delicious, and comforting! If you have a large group of friends or a big family this is such an easy way to serve them a vegan breakfast. Since it only takes 5 minutes to prep, it supports your busy lifestyle. It’s such a fast and easy vegan breakfast!
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Vegan Baked Oatmeal With Berries
This vegan oatmeal bake with berries recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 2 cups plant milk: This recipe calls for any type of plant milk you prefer, such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk. Plant milk is a great alternative to dairy milk for those who are vegan or lactose intolerant. It is also lower in calories and fat than dairy milk.
- 2 cups rolled oats: Rolled oats are a great source of fiber and protein. They are also rich in essential nutrients, such as manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
- 2 cups frozen berries (do not thaw, keep frozen): Frozen berries are a great way to add flavor and nutrition to this recipe. They are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. Keeping them frozen helps them hold their shape and prevents them from getting too mushy.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup: Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that adds a rich flavor to this recipe. It is also a good source of antioxidants and minerals, such as zinc and manganese.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional, but delicious!): Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor to this recipe. If you prefer a less sweet oatmeal bake, you can omit the brown sugar or reduce the amount.
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter: Peanut butter adds richness and creaminess to this recipe. It is also a good source of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients, such as vitamin E and magnesium.
- 3 tbsp ground flax: Ground flax is a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. It also helps bind the ingredients together in this recipe.
- 1 tsp cinnamon: Cinnamon adds warmth and depth of flavor to this recipe. It is also rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 tsp baking powder: Baking powder helps the oatmeal bake rise and become fluffy.
- pinch of salt: Salt helps balance the flavors in this recipe and enhances the sweetness of the maple syrup and brown sugar.
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts for topping: Walnuts add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to this recipe.
High Protein Vegan Oatmeal Bake Version:
High Protein Baked Oatmeal Make this recipe even higher in protein by adding the following:
- 1/2 cup of vanilla pea protein powder
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
Making this vegan oatmeal bake with berries recipe is easy and requires only a few simple kitchen tools. Here are some helpful tools to have on hand:
- Baking dish: A 6×9 inch (15×23 cm) baking dish is the perfect size for this recipe. If you don’t have a baking dish of this size, you can use a similar-sized dish or adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Accurately measuring the ingredients is key to making this recipe. Use a set of measuring cups and spoons to ensure that you add the right amount of each ingredient.
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl is helpful for combining all the ingredients together.
- Whisk or fork: Use a whisk or fork to mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Oven: This recipe requires baking in the oven at 350°F (175°C).
- Oven mitts: Remember to use oven mitts when removing the baking dish from the oven.
How To Make This Vegan Oatmeal Bake With Berries Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a 6×9 inch (15×23 cm) baking dish, combine all the ingredients except for the chopped walnuts. Stir well to combine.
Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top of the oatmeal mixture.
Bake the oatmeal bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal is set.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve warm.
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious vegan oatmeal bake with berries for breakfast or as a snack!
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Baked Oatmeal With Berries
- For a softer, chewier texture, bake your oatmeal for 35 minutes. This will result in a more moist and tender oatmeal that’s perfect for those who prefer a more delicate texture.
- For a drier, more solid texture, increase the baking time to 45 minutes. This will result in a firmer oatmeal that’s perfect for those who prefer a more substantial texture.
- Experiment with different types of berries to find your favorite combination. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries are all great options.
- Top your oatmeal with your favorite toppings before serving. Some great options include fresh berries, nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
FAQ: Vegan Oatmeal Bake with Berries
This vegan baked oatmeal is a nutritious and delicious dish that packs a punch of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and satisfied. It’s a wholesome breakfast option that’s packed with nutrients and flavor.
Traditionally, baked oatmeal includes 2 fresh eggs to bind the ingredients together and dairy milk. Baked oatmeal can easily be made vegan by substituting eggs for ground flax seeds, and trading dairy milk for plant-based.
It can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week. This makes it the perfect breakfast item for vegan meal prep. Reheat the Baked oatmeal in the microwave, the oven, or even in the air fryer. Although be careful when reheating it for long lengths of time as this can dry it out. If you don’t have time to heat it up, leftover baked oatmeal can be eaten cold.
This recipe calls for frozen berries, but you can use fresh berries if they are in season. Some of the best berries to use in this oatmeal bake include blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Mix and match to create your own unique flavor combination. Not only do these berries add delicious flavor, they also give this oatmeal bake a beautiful pop of color.
Oatmeal Bake with Berries Vegan
- 2 cups plant milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups frozen berries (do not thaw, keep frozen)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional, but delicious!)
- ⅓ cup all natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add all ingredients except the walnuts into a 6×9 baking dish. Stir well to combine and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, and enjoy!
Conclusion: Vegan Oatmeal Bake With Berries
This vegan baked oatmeal is a delicious and healthy dish that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast or a comforting dessert, this recipe is sure to satisfy you. With the use of ground flax seeds as a binding ingredient and plant-based milk instead of dairy, this dish is fully vegan and suitable for any dietary restrictions. Additionally, the addition of berries adds a burst of flavor and nutrition, but feel free to experiment with different ingredients to make it your own. The possibilities are endless with this versatile and easy to make recipe.