This Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie smoothie is packed full of protein and whole-food ingredients. This vegan smoothie is perfect to energize you all morning long!
It’s such a healthy plant-based breakfast made with dates, bananas, seeds, protein, and espresso. It’s like a sweet frozen coffee treat and a delicious vegan smoothie all rolled into one. This quick and easy vegan breakfast is perfect for those mornings when you don’t have a lot of time!
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Coffee Bean Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie
The Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie is made with a variety of healthy and delicious ingredients. Here’s a list of the ingredients used in this smoothie recipe:
- Plant milk (coconut almond is preferred for its creamy texture and subtle flavor)
- Cinnamon (just a dash to add a warm, spicy note to the smoothie)
- Pink salt (a pinch of this mineral-rich salt adds depth of flavor and helps balance the sweetness)
- Vanilla extract (a hint of vanilla adds a sweet, floral note to the smoothie)
- Vanilla vegan protein powder (optional for an added protein boost)
- Medjool dates (or small dates, for natural sweetness and a caramel-like flavor)
- Flax seeds, hemp hearts, and chia seeds (1 tablespoon of each, for added fiber, healthy fats, and nutrients)
- Frozen banana (half a large one, for creaminess and natural sweetness)
- Ice cubes (to make the smoothie thick and frosty)
- Ground espresso beans (for a bold coffee flavor and caffeine boost)
These ingredients work together to create a creamy, sweet, and energizing smoothie that’s perfect for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or a pre-workout boost.
- High-powered blender: A blender with a powerful motor is necessary to blend the frozen banana and ice cubes smoothly.
- Measuring cups and spoons: While the recipe doesn’t specify exact measurements, having measuring cups and spoons on hand can help you portion out the ingredients accurately.
- Cutting board and knife: You’ll need a sharp knife and cutting board to slice the medjool dates and cut the banana into chunks.
How To Make This Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie
Making the Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie is quick and easy! Here are the steps to follow:
First, gather all the ingredients listed in the recipe.
Add all the ingredients into a high-powered blender. Make sure to add the frozen banana and ice cubes last to avoid jamming the blender blades.
Blend the ingredients on high speed until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more plant milk to achieve your desired consistency.
Pour the smoothie into a glass and serve immediately. You can garnish it with extra cinnamon, espresso beans, or a sprinkle of chia seeds.
Enjoy the delicious and healthy Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie as a breakfast, snack, or post-workout drink!
Tips & Tricks For This Coffee Bean Banana Buzz Smoothie
- Use ripe bananas: Ripe bananas are sweeter and easier to blend than unripe ones. If your banana isn’t ripe enough, you can ripen it quickly by placing it in a paper bag with an apple or pear for a day or two.
- Use precut and frozen banana pieces to make this smoothie colder when served.
- Add more espresso beans for a stronger coffee flavor: If you’re a coffee lover, you can add more ground espresso beans to the smoothie for a bolder coffee taste.
- Customize the recipe to your taste: Feel free to adjust the ingredients and quantities to your liking. You can use different plant milk, skip the protein powder, or add more cinnamon, for example.
FAQ: Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie
That’s totally ok! One of my family members absolutely detests bananas, so I figured out the perfect substitute. Frozen cauliflower gives smoothies that thick creamy consistency, without the banana flavor taking over. As a bonus, you even get some veggies in your morning plant-based smoothie. For every half a frozen banana sub in 3/4 cup of frozen cauliflower.
Absolutely! You will still get that delicious coffee flavor without the jolt of caffeine and can still enjoy the Banana Buzz Smoothie.
Absolutely! Make sure that you use finely ground coffee beans or the smoothie will be gritty. Freshly ground coffee or espresso is packed with antioxidants and caffeine. You don’t need much to get the boost you usually get from the brewed version. It’s not only a fantastic method to give your smoothie more flavor and texture, but it will also give you more caffeine without having to boil any coffee. Coffee beans can lose some of their benefits throughout the brewing process. Therefore by adding raw beans to this vegan coffee smoothie you avoid losing these benefits.
For this smoothie, you’ll want high-quality coffee beans, which I usually recommend because they taste better and offer you more energy. However, you’ll want something that doesn’t taste dull or sour.
Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie
- 1 cup plant milk (I like coconut almond)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 pinch pink salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder (optional)
- 3 large medjool dates (or 6 small dates)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds (1 tbsp of each)
- ½ large frozen banana
- 2 ice cubes
- ½ tbsp ground espresso beans
- Add all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
The Coffee Bean Banana Buzz Vegan Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious drink that can boost your energy and mood. It’s made with wholesome ingredients like banana, dates, plant milk, and espresso beans, and can be customized to your liking. By following the recipe and the tips and tricks, you can make a smoothie that suits your preferences and tastes even better. So next time you need a quick and healthy breakfast or snack, give this smoothie a try and enjoy the buzz!