Are you looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast alternative? Look no further than vegan cookie dough overnight oats! This mouth-watering vegan breakfast option is perfect for those who love a sweet treat in the morning but want to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of vegan cookie dough overnight oats and provide a simple and easy-to-follow recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In Vegan Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
Here is the ingredient you will need to make these delicious vegan overnight oats.
- Rolled Oats: Rolled oats are the base of this vegan cookie dough overnight oats recipe. They provide a hearty texture and a source of complex carbohydrates, which will give you sustained energy throughout the morning.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a nutritious addition to this recipe, providing fiber, protein, and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. They also help to thicken the oat mixture and create a creamy texture.
- Vanilla Vegan Yogurt: Vanilla vegan yogurt adds a creamy and tangy flavor to the recipe. It also provides additional protein and probiotics, which are beneficial for gut health.
- All Natural Peanut Butter: All natural peanut butter provides a rich and nutty flavor to the recipe. It is also a good source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
- Plant Milk: Plant milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk, is used to thin out the oat mixture and create a creamy consistency. It also provides additional nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, depending on the type of milk used.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is used to add sweetness to the recipe. It has a lower glycemic index than refined sugar, meaning it won’t cause a spike in blood sugar levels.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is used to add a sweet and aromatic flavor to the recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: Vegan chocolate chips are used to add a touch of sweetness and a chocolatey flavor to the recipe. They are a good source of antioxidants and can boost your mood with their serotonin content.
- Mixing Bowl: You’ll need a mixing bowl to combine all the ingredients for the vegan cookie dough overnight oats. Choose a bowl that’s large enough to hold all the ingredients and has enough space for mixing.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: This recipe requires precise measurements, so you’ll need measuring cups and spoons to ensure that you’re adding the right amounts of each ingredient.
- Spoon or Whisk: You’ll need a spoon or whisk to mix all the ingredients together. If you’re using peanut butter that’s hard to mix in, you may want to use a whisk to help break it down and distribute it evenly throughout the mixture.
- Jars or Airtight Containers: To store the vegan cookie dough overnight oats, you’ll need jars or airtight containers. Mason jars work well for this recipe, as they’re easy to seal and store in the fridge. You can also use reusable plastic containers or glass bowls with lids.
- Refrigerator: Finally, you’ll need a refrigerator to store the vegan cookie dough overnight oats. After combining all the ingredients and separating them into individual jars or containers, you’ll need to let them sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours to allow the oats and chia seeds to absorb the liquid and thicken up. Once they’re ready, you can enjoy them right from the fridge for a quick and delicious breakfast option!
How To Make This Vegan Cookie Dough Overnight Oat Meal Prep
Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine: To make the vegan cookie dough overnight oats, simply add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
Make sure the peanut butter is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Separate into 4 jars or airtight containers. This meal prep makes 4 servings: Once the mixture is well combined, divide it into four jars or airtight containers.
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping, as you can make several servings at once and store them in the fridge for quick and easy breakfasts throughout the week.
Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours: Once the mixture is divided into the containers, place them in the fridge and allow them to sit for at least 8 hours, or overnight. This will give the oats and chia seeds time to absorb the liquid and create a thick and creamy texture.
Enjoy right from the fridge! In the morning, simply take one of the jars out of the fridge and enjoy it right away! The oats will be thick and creamy, with a cookie dough-like texture and a sweet and nutty flavor. You can also top the oats with additional vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or fresh fruit if desired. These vegan cookie dough overnight oats are a perfect breakfast option for busy mornings, as they can be prepared ahead of time and enjoyed on the go.
Tips & Tricks For This Cookie Dough Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- Use Rolled Oats: Rolled oats work best for this recipe as they provide a great texture and absorb the liquid well. Avoid using quick oats or steel-cut oats as they won’t work as well for this recipe.
- Use Creamy Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe as it mixes in easily and evenly. If you prefer chunky peanut butter, you can use it but it may be more difficult to mix in.
- Don’t Skip the Chia Seeds: Chia seeds help to thicken up the overnight oats and provide a great source of fiber and protein. Make sure to include them in the recipe and stir well to distribute them evenly.
- Customize the Sweetness: If you prefer your oats to be sweeter, you can add more maple syrup or use a sweeter plant-based milk. If you prefer less sweetness, you can reduce the amount of maple syrup.
FAQ: Vegan Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
Yes, as long as you use certified gluten-free oats.
Yes, you can use any type of milk that you prefer, such as soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
Yes, you can add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder to the recipe for an extra protein boost.
You can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Yes, you can make a larger batch of the recipe and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just be sure to give the oats a stir before serving.
Cookie Dough Overnight Oats Vegan Meal Prep
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ⅔ cup vanilla vegan yogurt
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 cups plant milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Separate into 4 jars or airtight containers. This meal prep makes 4 servings.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Enjoy right from the fridge!