These Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are absolutely delicious and will make you forget about any bad experiences you may have had with this versatile vegetable in the past. Instead of resorting to cheese sauce to mask its taste, our recipe uses plant-based ingredients to enhance its flavor.
With this recipe, you’ll discover the deliciousness of roasted brussel sprouts, packed with nutrients and bursting with flavor. Whether you serve it as a side dish or add it to salads, this recipe is sure to impress. Even those who grew up hating Brussels sprouts will find themselves going back for seconds.
Our basic roasted Brussels sprouts recipe takes a delicious turn with the addition of a flavorful topping that’s both vegan and healthy. So why not give it a try and see for yourself just how tasty and nutritious these sprouts can be?
Ingredients & Substitutions For These Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
This recipe for Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts requires a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients that come together to create a delicious and nutritious dish.
For the veggies, you’ll need fresh Brussel sprouts, which will be roasted to perfection with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of pink or sea salt.
For a satisfying crunch, this recipe includes sliced almonds and quinoa, which are toasted to perfection with a dash of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
Toppings For The Brussel Sprouts
The topping, a mixture of quinoa, almonds, shallot, sundried tomatoes, green onions, vegan feta, oil, vinegar, and parsley, is not only a great complement to the sprouts but can also be used as a flavorful addition to salads. In other words, it’s a versatile topping that will become a staple in your kitchen, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and make it your own.
With these fresh and flavorful ingredients, you’ll be able to create a dish that’s both tasty and nutritious, and sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters!
- Baking sheet: A large, rimmed baking sheet is perfect for roasting the Brussels sprouts in the oven. Make sure it is well-greased or lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl is great for combining the ingredients for the topping and the crunchy mixture.
- Chef’s knife: A sharp chef’s knife is essential for cutting the Brussels sprouts in half and mincing the shallot.
How to Make These How to Make These Vegan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Start by washing the Brussels sprouts and removing the hard ends. Cut the sprouts in half and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and roast the Brussels sprouts for 15-20 minutes or until they are tender and lightly browned.
While the sprouts are roasting, you can prepare the crunch and the topping. Begin by rinsing the quinoa well.
Toast the quinoa and sliced almonds in a pan over medium heat with olive oil and salt. Stir constantly until the quinoa starts to pop, lightly brown, and a nutty smell is present.
Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add all the chopped ingredients for the topping, including minced shallots, finely chopped sundried tomatoes, chopped green onions, crumbled vegan feta, oil, vinegar, and chopped parsley.
Add the crunchy mixture from the pan into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix everything together.
Once the roasted Brussels sprouts are ready, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish. Spoon the topping mixture over the sprouts and serve immediately.
With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to create a flavorful and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the best vegan roasted brussels sprouts possible:
- Make sure to remove the hard ends of the Brussels sprouts before roasting to ensure even cooking.
- To achieve the perfect crunchy texture for the topping, make sure to toast the quinoa and sliced almonds in a pan with olive oil and salt until lightly browned and nutty-smelling.
- If you don’t have vegan feta on hand, you can substitute it with a vegan cheese of your choice.
- Don’t skimp on the fresh herbs! The chopped parsley adds a pop of color and flavor to the dish.
FAQ: Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Yes, Brussels sprouts are a good source of plant-based protein. They contain about 3 grams of protein per cup.
Absolutely! You can use any nut you like such as pecans, walnuts, or cashews.
Vegan feta cheese is becoming more and more common and can often be found at health food stores or specialty grocery stores. You can also make your own vegan feta cheese at home.
To make this dish oil-free, you can skip the olive oil and use vegetable broth or water to roast the Brussels sprouts. You can also omit the oil in the topping and use a vinegar-based dressing instead.
Vegan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2-3 lbs Brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Pink salt or Sea salt
- ½ cup Slice almonds
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- ¼ cup Sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled vegan feta
- 2 tbsp Oil from the sundried tomatoes (Olive oil works, if you don't have the tomato oil)
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar, Red wine vinegar or Sherry vinegar
- 1 cup Chopped parsley (can be substituted with another fresh herb)
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, remove the hard ends, and cut them in half. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting you can prepare the crunch and the topping.
- Rinse the quinoa well.
- Toast the quinoa, and sliced almonds in a pan on medium heat with olive oil and salt. Stir constantly. When the quinoa starts to pop, lightly brown and a nutty smell is present you’ll know that it’s been toasted.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, add all the chopped ingredients for the topping. Add the shallot, sundried tomatoes, green onions, vegan feta, oil, vinegar, and parsley
- Add the crunchy mixture from the pan, into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix together.
- Add the mixture on top of your roasted veggies, serve, and enjoy!
These vegan roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal. This versatile vegetable can be enjoyed as a side dish, added to salads, or even used as a main course. With the right combination of ingredients and techniques, you can transform this once-maligned vegetable into a flavorful and satisfying dish that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy.