Indulge in a delicious and healthy treat with this Vegan Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie Recipe. Fast and easy to make, this smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or post-workout snack. Packed with plant-based protein and spinach, this smoothie is not only delicious but also nutritious. You won’t even taste the spinach, making it a great option for both adults and kids. Plus, it’s gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. So, mix up your morning routine with this vegan smoothie and start your day off on a delicious and healthy note.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Vegan Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie
Ingredients are the foundation of any recipe, and this smoothie is no exception. The key lime pie protein smoothie is made up of a blend of nutritious ingredients that not only taste great but also provide essential nutrients to the body. Here are the key ingredients in this vegan smoothie:
- Frozen banana: The frozen banana adds creaminess to the smoothie while also providing natural sweetness. Bananas are an excellent source of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Lime zest and juice: Lime gives this smoothie a tangy flavor that’s reminiscent of key lime pie. Lime is an excellent source of vitamin C, and the zest is packed with flavor and antioxidants.
- Spinach: Spinach is packed with nutrients, including vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium. Adding spinach to the smoothie is an easy way to sneak in some greens and boost the nutritional value of the smoothie.
- Medjool dates: Dates are nature’s candy, providing natural sweetness to the smoothie. Medjool dates are a good source of fiber, potassium, and magnesium.
- Vegan protein powder: Adding a scoop of vegan protein powder to the smoothie is an easy way to increase protein intake. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, and a vegan protein powder made from sources like pea protein, brown rice protein, or hemp protein can provide all the amino acids needed for a complete protein.
- Lite coconut milk: Coconut milk adds creaminess to the smoothie while also providing healthy fats. Lite coconut milk is lower in calories and fat than regular coconut milk, making it a healthier option.
- Topping: The crumbled graham cracker or vegan granola topping adds a bit of crunch and texture to the smoothie, mimicking the crust of a key lime pie.
To make the key lime pie protein smoothie, you’ll need a few basic kitchen tools, including a high-powered blender, measuring cups and spoons, and a sharp knife for cutting the Medjool dates and lime zest.
How To Make This Vegan Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie Recipe
Making this smoothie is quick and easy, and it requires only a few simple steps. Here’s how to make the key lime pie protein smoothie:
- Add all the smoothie ingredients – frozen banana, lime zest, lime juice, spinach, Medjool dates, vegan protein powder, and lite coconut milk – to a high-powered blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water or more coconut milk to thin it out.
- Once the smoothie is blended to your desired consistency, pour it into a glass.
- Top the smoothie with crumbled graham cracker or vegan granola for some added crunch and texture.
- Serve the smoothie immediately and enjoy the tangy, refreshing flavor of this key lime pie protein smoothie.
This smoothie is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or snack, and it can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment with different toppings or add-ins to make it your own.
Tips & Tricks
- For a thicker smoothie, use frozen spinach instead of fresh.
- Use ripe bananas for natural sweetness.
- Add a few ice cubes for an even colder smoothie.
- To make the smoothie more filling, add a tablespoon of chia seeds or flaxseed meal for extra fiber and healthy fats.
FAQ: Vegan Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie
Yes, you absolutely can. I’ve tried it and the flavour is still on point!
Yes, any plant milk can be substituted for the coconut milk. Although the consistency won’t be quite as decadent and creamy, it’s still a delicious substitute in this recipe.
If you aren’t adding the vanilla protein powder, sub in ¼ tsp of vanilla extract to this plant-based dessert smoothie.
You can use any plant-based protein powder that you prefer, whether it’s pea protein, hemp protein, or brown rice protein. Make sure to adjust the amount of protein powder based on the brand you use and your desired taste. If you aren’t adding the vanilla protein powder, sub in ¼ tsp of vanilla extract to this plant-based dessert smoothie.
Vegan Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie
- 1 crumbled graham cracker or 1/8 cup of vegan granola
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a high-powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add your topping, serve, and enjoy!
This Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie is a refreshing and delicious way to mix up your morning routine. Not only is it fast and easy to make, but it’s packed with protein and greens making it a healthy and satisfying breakfast or post-workout snack option. Using bottled lime juice is a great option if you don’t have fresh limes on hand, and you can use any plant-based milk as a substitute for coconut milk. With this recipe, you can have a taste of dessert for breakfast and feel good about it. So, go ahead and give it a try, you won’t regret it!