Indulge in a delicious and nutritious breakfast option with these vegan protein pancakes. Packed with plant-based protein and easy to make, they are the ideal meal to fuel your workouts or start your day off right. Whether you’re looking for a pre or post-workout snack, a hearty vegan breakfast, or a tasty lunch or dinner option, these pancakes are sure to please. And with the ability to customize with your favorite toppings, they’re perfect for picky eaters, including kids who love pancakes. So, why not give them a try and see for yourself how amazing vegan protein pancakes can be!
Ingredients & Substitutions For These Vegan Protein Pancakes
- Ground up oats or oat flour
- Almond milk
- Vanilla vegan protein powder
- Baking powder
- Ground flax
- Cold water
These simple and wholesome ingredients come together to create a delicious and satisfying breakfast option that is perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. The oats provide a hearty base, while the vegan protein powder adds a boost of protein to help keep you feeling full and energized throughout the morning. The addition of cinnamon and flax not only adds flavor, but also provides a variety of health benefits. Overall, these ingredients make for a nutritious and tasty breakfast option.
- A non-stick pan or griddle
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A mixing bowl and whisk or electric mixer
- A spatula for flipping pancakes
- A blender for mixing ingredients and making oat flour
How to Make These Vegan Protein Pancakes
Making vegan pancakes is quick and easy. Here’s how to do it:
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground up oats or oat flour, vanilla vegan protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and a dash of salt.
3. Add almond milk and the prepared flax egg to the dry ingredients mixture. Mix everything together until well combined. If the batter is too thick, add a few dashes of plant milk to adjust the consistency.
4. Heat a lightly greased pan over medium heat. You can use extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray.
5. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the heated pan for each pancake.
6. Cook until little bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges of the pancake look cooked and firm.
7. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown.
8. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
9. Add your favorite ingredients like blueberries, vegan chocolate chips, or bananas into the batter while cooking.
10. Top with maple syrup, berries, vegan whip, or any other toppings you prefer.
With these simple steps, you can make delicious and nutritious vegan pancakes that are perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle to make the pancakes easier to flip and prevent sticking.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking to allow the ingredients to fully combine and thicken up.
- Add in some extra liquid if the batter is too thick, or more dry ingredients if it’s too runny.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring cup to portion out the batter for evenly sized pancakes.
- Don’t flip the pancakes too soon – wait until bubbles start to form and the edges look cooked before flipping.
FAQ: Vegan Protein Pancakes
Yes, you can use any non-dairy milk you like, such as soy milk or oat milk.
Yes, you can use any type of flour you like, such as wheat flour or coconut flour.
This recipe makes approximately 8-10 pancakes, depending on the size.
Yes, you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
It’s best to use a vanilla vegan protein powder. I always use Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder. It’s a great option as it is made from a blend of pea, brown rice, and chia seed protein and is also organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free. However, there are many other vegan protein powders available on the market, you can use any of your preferred brands or flavor. Just make sure that the protein powder you use is vegan and has a good flavor that will complement the pancakes.
Vegan Protein Pancakes
Dry Pancake Ingredients
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp cold water
- First, make your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground flax with 3 Tbsp cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Next, add the milk and flax egg. Mix together. If the batter is a little too thick add a few dashes of plant milk to adjust the consistency.
- Lightly grease a pan on medium heat. I use extra virgin olive oil. Cooking spray would work perfectly!
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the heated pan. Cook until little bubbles start to form the the edges of the cakes look cooked and firm.
- Add any of your favourite ingredients in while cooking them like blueberries, vegan chocolate chips, or bananas!
- Top with maple syrup 🍁 berries, vegan whip or whatever toppings you prefer.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or even the freezer to re-heat later on.
- Serve and enjoy!
These vegan protein pancakes are a delicious and nutritious option for breakfast or brunch. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, anyone can make them in the comfort of their own home. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these pancakes are a great way to start your day. So give them a try and enjoy a satisfying and healthy meal that will keep you fueled for the day ahead!