If you’re a fan of flavorful and satisfying noodle dishes, you’re going to love this vegan peanut noodles recipe. With chewy udon noodles, protein-packed tempeh, and a rich peanut sauce, this dish is packed with bold flavors and textures that will keep you coming back for more. Plus, it’s super easy to make and can be customized with your favorite veggies and toppings. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan. Or just looking for a delicious plant-based meal, this recipe is sure to please.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In Vegan Peanut Noodles Recipe
The secret to making delicious vegan peanut noodles is in the ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to make this flavorful and satisfying dish:
- Udon noodles: These thick and chewy Japanese noodles are perfect for soaking up the rich peanut sauce.
- Tempeh: This fermented soybean cake is a great source of protein and adds a meaty texture to the dish.
- Edamame beans: These young soybeans add a pop of bright green color and a boost of plant-based protein.
- Green onions: These onions add a fresh and slightly sweet flavor to the dish, and their bright green color looks great as a garnish.
- Vegetables of choice: This recipe is flexible, so you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. I like using mushrooms, celery, or bell peppers for a flavorful and colorful mix. If you’re short on time, you can use frozen chopped veggies to save some prep time.
- Grated ginger: This spicy and fragrant root adds a warming flavor to the dish and has anti-inflammatory properties.
For the peanut sauce
- Soy sauce: This savory and salty sauce is a staple in Asian cuisine and adds depth of flavor to the dish.
- Agave or maple syrup: This sweetener adds a touch of sweetness to balance out the salty and spicy flavors in the dish.
- Natural peanut butter: This creamy and nutty spread is the star of the dish and gives the sauce its rich and satisfying flavor.
- Sriracha (optional): If you like your food spicy, add a tablespoon of this hot sauce to the peanut sauce.
For optional toppings. You can add diced green onions, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and sesame seeds for extra flavor and texture.
All of these ingredients come together to create a delicious and nutritious vegan peanut noodle dish that’s sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you feeling full and energized!
Having the right tools and equipment can make cooking so much easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few helpful tools that can make preparing this vegan peanut noodles recipe a breeze:
- Large pot: You’ll need a large pot to boil the udon noodles. Make sure it’s big enough to hold all the noodles and has plenty of room for them to move around.
- Strainer or colander: After boiling the noodles, you’ll need to strain them to get rid of any excess water. A strainer or colander will do the trick.
- Pan or wok: You’ll need a pan or wok to cook the vegetables, tempeh, and edamame. A non-stick pan or wok will make it easier to cook without sticking.
- Whisk: To make the peanut sauce, you’ll need a whisk to mix all the ingredients together until they’re smooth and well combined.
- Measuring cups and spoons: This recipe calls for precise measurements of the ingredients, so having a set of measuring cups and spoons will help you get the right amounts of everything.
- Cutting board and knife: You’ll need to dice the green onion and chop any other vegetables you choose to use in the recipe. A cutting board and sharp knife will make this task much easier.
Having these tools on hand will make preparing this vegan peanut noodles recipe a breeze. Plus, they’re all great tools to have in your kitchen for other recipes as well!
How To Make This Vegan Peanut Noodle Recipe
Now that you’ve got all your ingredients ready, let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to make the perfect vegan peanut noodles:
Boil the udon noodles: Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the udon noodles. Boil them for just one minute or until they separate. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the vegetables and tempeh: While the noodles are cooking, heat up a pan on medium heat and add the oil, green onion, ginger, vegetables, tempeh, and edamame. Cook everything for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, natural peanut butter, agave or maple syrup, and sriracha (if using) until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to thin it out.
Combine everything: Add the cooked udon noodles and peanut sauce to the pan with the vegetables and tempeh. Cook everything for another minute or two until all the ingredients are combined and heated through.
Add toppings and serve: Once everything is cooked and combined, it’s time to add your favorite toppings! Sprinkle on some diced green onion, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and sesame seeds if you’d like. Then, serve and enjoy your delicious vegan peanut noodles!
This recipe is super easy and quick to make, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Plus, it’s packed with healthy ingredients and plant-based protein, making it a great choice for anyone looking to eat more plant-based meals. Give it a try and see how delicious vegan food can be!
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Use frozen veggies to save time: If you’re short on time or don’t have fresh vegetables on hand. You can use frozen chopped veggies instead. They’re just as nutritious and can save you some prep time.
- Adjust the spiciness to your liking: If you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can leave out the sriracha or reduce the amount you use. On the other hand, if you love heat, you can add more sriracha or even some red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- Get creative with the toppings: The diced green onion, lime juice, and sesame seeds mentioned in the recipe are just suggestions. Feel free to get creative with the toppings! Chopped peanuts, cilantro, or even some crispy fried shallots would all be delicious.
- Make extra sauce: The peanut sauce is so tasty, you’ll want to have extra to use on other dishes. Simply double or triple the recipe and store the extra in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use the right noodles: Udon noodles work best for this recipe, but if you can’t find them, you can use another type of noodle like soba or even spaghetti. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Don’t overcook the noodles: Udon noodles only need to be boiled for a minute or two, or they can become mushy. Keep an eye on them and test them frequently to ensure they’re cooked to your liking.
FAQ: Vegan Peanut Noodles
Absolutely! While udon noodles work great in this recipe, you can use any type of noodle you prefer, such as soba noodles or rice noodles.
No, if you’re not a fan of tempeh or can’t find it, you can substitute it with tofu or another plant-based protein of your choice.
While this dish is best served fresh, you can make the sauce and chop the veggies ahead of time to save time when cooking.
The level of spiciness is completely up to you! If you like things spicy, feel free to add more sriracha. If you prefer a milder dish, you can skip the sriracha altogether.
Unfortunately, this dish doesn’t freeze well due to the texture of the noodles and sauce. It’s best to enjoy it fresh or store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Vegan Peanut Noodles In 15 Minutes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 heaping tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- diced green onion
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- sesame seeds
- Boil the udon noodles for 1 minute or until they separate.
- Meanwhile, in a pan on medium heat add the oil green onion, ginger, vegetables, tempeh and edamame. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Next, make the sauce by combing soy sauce, peanut butter, agave and sriracha and whisking until smooth. Add a tablespoon or two of water if needed to thin it out.
- Add the udon noodles and sauce into the same pan the vegetables are cooking in, and cook for another minute or two until all ingredients are combined.
- Sprinkle on your favourite toppings, serve and enjoy!
In conclusion, these vegan peanut noodles are a must-try for anyone looking for a tasty and nutritious meal that’s easy to make at home. With its combination of udon noodles, tempeh, and a delicious peanut sauce, this dish is packed with protein, fiber, and flavor. Plus, with the option to customize with your favorite veggies and toppings, it’s a versatile recipe that you can make your own. Give it a try and see just how delicious plant-based eating can be!