Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan: Introduce your taste buds to a vegan version of the classic Asian dish with this easy Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan. With just 10 minutes of prep time, this meal is perfect for busy weeknights. The tofu is crispy and the veggies are perfectly roasted, while the teriyaki sauce adds a sweet and savory touch. This sheet pan dinner is not only delicious but also great for meal prep. Get ready to add this vegan version of Tofu Teriyaki to your regular dinner rotation.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- Extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- Red onion
- Bell peppers
- White mushrooms
- Teriyaki sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
To make tofu teriyaki sheet pan, you will need a few key ingredients. The star of the dish is extra firm tofu, which you will need to drain and press before cooking. You will also need cornstarch to help the tofu get crispy and golden brown.
In addition to the tofu, you will need a variety of vegetables to make this dish. Red onion and bell peppers add sweetness and crunch, while white mushrooms provide a meaty texture. Zucchini is a great addition to this dish, as it adds some extra flavor and nutrition.
Finally, you will need teriyaki sauce to give the dish its signature flavor. You can use store-bought teriyaki sauce or make your own using soy sauce.
If you want to add some extra flavor and texture to your vegan tofu teriyaki sheet pan, you can garnish it with chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, and sesame seeds. These garnishes add a pop of color and flavor to the dish, making it even more delicious and visually appealing.
- Baking sheet: You will need a good quality baking sheet to bake your veggies and tofu evenly.
- Chef’s knife: A sharp chef’s knife will make chopping your vegetables a breeze.
- Cutting board: Use a large cutting board to chop your veggies and tofu.
How To Make This Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner
Drain and press your extra firm tofu to remove any excess moisture. This will help the tofu get crispy and brown when baked.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Chop your vegetables into similar sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly. Cut the mushrooms in half and all other veggies into a similar size.
Cut the tofu into equal size cubes. If you want your tofu extra crispy, follow the steps in the notes below.
Add the tofu cubes to a bowl and toss them in cornstarch until they are evenly coated. The cornstarch will help the tofu crisp up.
Add all the veggies and tofu to a baking sheet together.
Add 3/4’s of your teriyaki sauce and mix it around to evenly coat the veggies and tofu.
Put the sheet pan in the oven and bake the veggies for 30 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
Add the remaining teriyaki sauce if needed, top with your favorite garnish, and serve over brown rice or quinoa if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy tofu teriyaki sheet pan!
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner
- Freezing and de-thawing tofu before cooking can greatly enhance its texture and give it a meatier, chewier consistency.
- Use a non-stick baking sheet or line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the tofu and veggies from sticking.
- If you don’t have cornstarch, you can use arrowroot powder or potato starch as a substitute.
- Make sure your oven is fully preheated before you put the baking sheet in to ensure even cooking.
- To get the best flavor, use fresh veggies and chop them into similar-sized pieces.
- If you want a more caramelized texture, broil the sheet pan for a few minutes at the end of the baking time.
FAQ: Vegan Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner With Tofu
To make extra crispy tofu for the sheet pan recipe, press it for 30 minutes and marinate it in teriyaki sauce. Then, bake it on a separate sheet for 10-15 minutes before adding it to the sheet pan with vegetables. Alternatively, toss the tofu in cornstarch and cook it separately in the air fryer, frying pan or oven with oil.
Get creative and add your favorite veggies or use up leftover produce. Some tasty options include zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, green beans, onions, garlic, cauliflower, carrots, and tomatoes. Mix and match to find your perfect recipe.
simply use a gluten-free tamari or soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce. You can also use coconut aminos as a soy-free alternative. Additionally, make sure any other ingredients used in the recipe, such as the teriyaki sauce, are also gluten-free.
This dish can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or in a pan on the stove top. If you want to keep the tofu extra crispy, reheat it separately before adding it back to the dish.
To reheat, place the leftovers in a baking dish and cover with foil. Heat in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
Easy Vegan Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner With Tofu
- 1 brick extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 pack white mushrooms (about 250 grams)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch sliced green onion
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Drain and press your extra firm tofu.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the veggies into similar sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly. For the mushrooms chop them in half, and cut all other veggies into a similar size.
- Cut the tofu into equal size cubes. NOTE: If you want your tofu extra CRISPY please see the notes below. The steps for the tofu will be a bit different.
- Add the tofu cubes into a bowl, and toss them in the cornstarch until they are evenly coated. The cornstarch will help the tofu crisp up.
- Next, add all the veggies and tofu to a baking sheet together.
- Add 3/4's of your teriyaki sauce, and mix it around to evenly coat the veggies and tofu.
- Throw the sheet pan in the oven and bake the veggies for 30 minutes total, flipping halfway.
- Add the remaining teriyaki sauce if needed, top with your favourite garnish and serve over brown rice or quinoa if desired. Enjoy!
- You’ll still want to press and drain the tofu, and toss it in the cornstarch.
- It can be baked on a separate sheet pan with a little oil to help crisp it up.
- The tofu can be cooked in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes flipping halfway, OR it can be fried in a pan with a little dash or olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side. Cook until the tofu is nice and crispy and golden brown on the outside.
The Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. With just 10 minutes of prep time, you can have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table in no time. This dish is also great for anyone who wants to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet, as it is made with tofu and vegetables. The teriyaki sauce adds a flavorful twist to the dish, making it a hit with both kids and adults alike. So, next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, give this Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner a try and enjoy the delicious taste and convenience it offers.