This sweet treat combines the richness of dark chocolate with the creamy goodness of full-fat coconut yogurt and all-natural peanut butter, sweetened with maple syrup. Topped with chopped salted peanuts, these frozen bites provide a perfect balance of flavors and textures. With a simple process of mixing, freezing, dipping, and drizzling, you can create a batch of these delightful bites that will satisfy your sweet cravings. Whether it’s a refreshing summer treat or a satisfying dessert, these Chocolate Covered Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser that you’ll keep coming back to time and again!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This recipe calls for a handful of essential ingredients. These include full-fat coconut yogurt, or you can opt for any other thick vegan yogurt of your liking. We also use all-natural peanut butter, which can be substituted with almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter for variation.
Sweetening the mixture is done with maple syrup, but vegans or those with dietary restrictions can easily swap it out for agave syrup or date syrup.
Chopped salted peanuts provide a delightful crunch, but if you prefer different nuts or have allergies, almonds, walnuts, or cashews can be suitable substitutes.
Lastly, the bites are luxuriously coated with melted dark chocolate, but you can switch it up with milk chocolate or white chocolate for a different taste experience.
These substitution options allow you to create a personalized version of the recipe that caters perfectly to your palate and dietary needs, while still savoring the delightful flavors of these peanut butter yogurt bites!
- Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper: Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper allows you to easily drop spoonfuls of the yogurt mixture and prevents sticking during freezing.
- Double Boiler or Microwave-Safe Bowl: A double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl is required to melt the dark chocolate for coating the frozen bites. The double boiler method provides gentle and even heat, preventing the chocolate from burning, but the microwave method can be quicker and more convenient.
- Spoons or Cookie Scoop: Using spoons or a cookie scoop to drop the yogurt mixture onto the parchment paper ensures consistent and evenly sized bites.
- Chopping Board and Knife: If the peanuts are not pre-chopped, a chopping board and a sharp knife will come in handy for preparing the chopped salted peanuts for the topping.
- Freezer: A freezer is essential for freezing the yogurt bites until they are firm and ready for dipping in chocolate.
- Spatula or Fork: A spatula or fork will make it easier to coat the frozen yogurt bites in melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully covered.
How to Make Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites
To make these Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites, start by mixing peanut butter, yogurt, and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
Next, spoon the yogurt mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, creating 10 bite-sized portions. Place the sheet in the freezer for about 45-60 minutes until the bites are frozen.
When the bites are ready, melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or by microwaving it in 30-second increments. Dip the frozen yogurt bites into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated.
Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the chocolate before it hardens. Optionally, drizzle any remaining chocolate on top for added decoration.
Return the bites to the freezer for a few minutes, allowing the chocolate to set. When you’re ready to enjoy the treats, let them sit out for a few minutes to soften slightly. Then, savor the delightful taste of the “Chocolate Covered Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites.”
Tips & Tricks
- Use Smooth Peanut Butter: Opt for creamy and natural peanut butter without added sugars or oils for a smoother texture.
- Choose Thick Yogurt: Use a thick and creamy yogurt, such as full-fat coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt, for better shape retention during freezing and dipping.
- Chill the Baking Sheet: Before spooning the yogurt mixture, chill the baking sheet in the freezer briefly to prevent quick melting.
- Allow Room Temperature Chocolate: Let the melted chocolate cool slightly to room temperature before dipping the frozen bites for a smoother coating.
- Place Chopped Peanuts Quickly: Sprinkle chopped peanuts on the dipped bites before the chocolate hardens to ensure they stick well.
- Master the Drizzling Technique: Use a fork or a piping bag to drizzle extra chocolate on top for attractive patterns.
- Customize with Toppings: Get creative by adding additional toppings like shredded coconut, crushed pretzels, or dried fruit for extra texture and flavors.
- Double Dip for Thicker Coating: For an extra thick chocolate layer, dip the frozen bites in chocolate a second time after the initial coating has set.
- Enjoy in Moderation: These frozen yogurt bites are delightful but indulgent due to the chocolate coating. Savor them in moderation to appreciate the flavors without overindulging.
FAQ: Chocolate Covered Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites
Absolutely! Regular full-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for coconut yogurt or any vegan options. The choice of yogurt will impact the taste and texture of the final bites, so choose the one you prefer.
Absolutely! Vegans or those with dietary restrictions can substitute maple syrup with agave syrup or date syrup, both of which work well as sweeteners.
There are two common methods to melt chocolate. You can use a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir the chocolate until melted. Alternatively, you can microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring between each interval until smooth.
If stored in an airtight container, these bites can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. However, they are so delicious that they might not last that long!
The recipe can be adapted to suit various dietary needs. By using vegan yogurt, nut butter, and appropriate sweeteners, these bites can be made vegan-friendly. However, always ensure the ingredients align with specific dietary requirements.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bites Vegan
- 1 cup full fat coconut yogurt (or other thick vegan yogurt)
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 ¼ cup melted dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, yogurt and maple syrup.
- Drop 10 spoonfuls of the yogurt mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer until frozen (about 45-60mins).
- Melt the chocolate by using a double boiler, or microwaving at 30 second increments. Dip the frozen yogurt bites into the chocolate, coating them fully. Drop a few chopped peanuts on top of the chocolate before it hardens. Use any remaining chocolate to drizzle on top if desired.
- Place back into the freezer for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Leave out for a few minutes to allow them to soften before eating, and enjoy!
This Chocolate Covered Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bites recipe offer a delectable fusion of flavors and textures that make them an irresistible frozen treat. Whether you’re looking for a refreshing dessert on a hot day or a satisfying sweet indulgence, this simple recipe delivers a delightful experience. With the flexibility to customize ingredients and toppings, you can cater these bites to various dietary preferences. Once you’ve tasted the creamy yogurt and peanut butter, embraced in velvety dark chocolate, you’ll find yourself returning to this delightful recipe time and time again!