These Chocolate blueberry yogurt clusters went viral online, and it’s easy to see why! This delectable treat combines the lusciousness of fresh blueberries, the creaminess of coconut yogurt, and the richness of dark chocolate, all in one delightful bite. In this recipe, we will guide you through the simple steps to create these mouthwatering clusters.
Ingredients & Substitutions
The Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters come together with a handful of simple and wholesome ingredients, combining fresh blueberries, coconut yogurt (or any other vegan yogurt), all-natural peanut butter, and dark chocolate. For a sweeter taste, you can optionally add maple syrup to the mix.
In terms of substitutions, you have various options to explore. Instead of fresh blueberries, you can try using other berries like raspberries or blackberries. Similarly, feel free to experiment with different types of vegan yogurt, such as almond yogurt or soy yogurt.
For nut-free alternatives, sunflower seed butter or tahini can be used instead of peanut butter. And if you prefer a sweeter alternative to dark chocolate, go for semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
These flexible ingredient choices allow you to tailor the clusters according to your taste and dietary preferences while still relishing a delightful and satisfying treat.
- Baking Sheet: A baking sheet lined with parchment paper ensures that the clusters won’t stick and makes it easy to handle and transfer them during freezing and coating.
- Medium Bowl: A medium-sized mixing bowl is perfect for gently combining the fresh blueberries, coconut yogurt, and all-natural peanut butter to form the cluster mixture.
- Double Boiler or Microwave: To melt the dark chocolate smoothly and without burning, a double boiler or a microwave will come in handy. The double boiler provides gentle indirect heat, while the microwave can be used in short bursts to prevent overheating.
- Freezer: The freezer plays a crucial role in the recipe, allowing the clusters to set and firm up during various stages of preparation.
- Spoon: A spoon is needed to drop the blueberry mixture onto the baking sheet, creating uniform clusters.
How to Make Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
To make the Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters, start by gently mixing fresh blueberries, coconut yogurt, and all-natural peanut butter in a medium bowl.
Once the mixture is well combined, drop six spoonfuls of it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and let the clusters freeze for about 45 to 60 minutes.
While the clusters are freezing, melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or by microwaving it in 30-second increments until it’s smooth and fully melted.
Once the clusters are frozen, take them out of the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are coated entirely. If you like, you can also drizzle any remaining chocolate over the clusters for an extra chocolatey touch.
Next, place the chocolate-covered clusters back into the freezer for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set and harden.
Before serving, take the clusters out of the freezer and let them sit for a few minutes to soften slightly. Now, they are ready to be enjoyed as a delicious and sweet treat!
Tips & Tricks
- Careful Blueberry Mixing: When combining the blueberries, coconut yogurt, and peanut butter, be gentle to avoid crushing the blueberries. A delicate mixing technique ensures that the clusters maintain their appealing texture and appearance.
- Smooth Chocolate Coating: When melting the dark chocolate, stir it occasionally to achieve a smooth and even consistency. Avoid overheating, as chocolate can quickly become grainy and lose its velvety texture.
- Control the Chocolate Drizzle: If you choose to drizzle extra chocolate on top, use a small spatula or piping bag for more control. This will help you create beautiful patterns and avoid overwhelming the clusters with too much chocolate.
- Try Different Nut Butters: While the recipe calls for peanut butter, don’t hesitate to experiment with other nut butters like almond, cashew, or hazelnut for a unique flavor twist.
- Quick Freezing: To speed up the freezing process, place the baking sheet with the clusters on a flat surface in the freezer. This ensures the clusters freeze faster and allows you to enjoy them sooner!
FAQ: Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them slightly before mixing to avoid excess moisture.
Absolutely! You can use any other vegan yogurt of your choice, such as almond yogurt or soy yogurt.
Yes, you can try using almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option.
Adding maple syrup is optional, and the quantity can be adjusted to your desired level of sweetness. Taste the mixture before adding the syrup to find the perfect balance.
Yes, you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate if you prefer a sweeter coating instead of dark chocolate.
Viral Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters Vegan
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup coconut yogurt (or other vegan yogurt)
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl gently mix together blueberries, yogurt and peanut butter.
- Drop 6 spoonfuls of the blueberry mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer until frozen (about 45-60mins).
- Melt the chocolate by using a double boiler, or microwaving at 30 second increments. Dip the frozen blueberry clusters into the chocolate, coating them fully. Use any remaining chocolate to drizzle on top if desired.
- Place back into the freezer for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Leave out for a few minutes to allow them to soften before eating, and enjoy!
Chocolate Blueberry Yogurt Clusters offer a perfect balance of flavors and textures, creating a truly indulgent yet wholesome treat. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can customize these clusters to your liking, making them suitable for various dietary preferences. Whether enjoyed as a snack or served as an elegant dessert, these delectable clusters are sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more!