Buffalo tofu bites offer a delightful twist on a classic dish, perfect for vegans and those seeking a healthier alternative. Learn how to create this flavorful and satisfying snack or appetizer at home with this simple recipe. You can dip these in my Easy Vegan Ranch Dip Recipe found here.
Ingredients & Substitutions
When preparing buffalo tofu bites, ensure you have the following ingredients:
- Extra firm tofu, pressed (350g or 14oz)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Soy sauce (tamari for GF)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Drizzle of honey or agave on top
To make the process smoother, gather these tools:
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet with parchment paper
- Saucepan (if using vegan butter)
How To Make Buffalo Tofu Bites
Preparing the marinade: Preheat your oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Coating tofu: Tear tofu into bite-sized pieces and add them directly into the bowl with the marinade. Gently stir to combine.
Baking tofu: Add cornstarch to the bowl and stir again to evenly coat the tofu.
Place the tofu onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Tossing in buffalo sauce: Once the tofu is cooked, toss it with buffalo sauce until each piece is evenly coated. If desired, drizzle with a little honey or agave for added sweetness.
Pull out the crispy baked Tofu bites.
Optional: If adding vegan butter, melt it in a saucepan on medium heat with the buffalo sauce until fully melted, then stir to combine. Alternatively, microwave using 30-second increments until melted.
Serving: Enjoy the buffalo tofu bites on their own or serve them with vegan ranch dip for a delicious appetizer or snack.
Tips & Tricks
While extra firm tofu works best for this recipe, firm tofu used.
Arrowroot powder or tapioca starch can be used as alternatives to cornstarch.
Yes, simply use tamari instead of soy sauce to make the recipe gluten-free.
These are best served fresh. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer before serving.
Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter (see notes if adding)
- drizzle of honey or agave on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Tear tofu into bite-sized pieces and add directly into the bowl with the marinade. Stir gently to combine.
- Add cornstarch then stir again to evenly coat the tofu. Place the tofu onto a baking sheet with parchment paper, and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Toss cooked tofu with the buffalo sauce until each piece is evenly coated. (If adding vegan butter, see notes below)
- Drizzle with a little honey or agave if desired, and enjoy by themselves, or served with vegan ranch dip!
Conclusion: Buffalo Tofu Bites
Buffalo tofu bites are a flavorful and versatile dish that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a tasty snack, this recipe is sure to please. Experiment with different spice levels and serving options to suit your taste preferences.