Buffalo chicken dip is a beloved party favorite, but its traditional version is loaded with dairy and chicken. Fortunately, with a few clever ingredient swaps, you can enjoy the same flavors without compromising your dietary choices. This Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip is not only plant-based but also incredibly satisfying and easy to prepare.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather our ingredients and explore some substitutions:
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¾ cup chickenless broth
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 300g pack of prepared jackfruit (preferably BBQ jackfruit)
- Use vegetable broth as a substitute for chickenless broth.
To make this Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip, you’ll need a few essential tools:
- High-powered blender: Ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Medium baking dish: Perfect for baking and serving.
- Oven: Preheat it to 375°F (190°C).
- Chopped green onions, celery sticks, tortilla chips, or bread for serving.
How to Make this Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Let’s get cooking!
Soak cashews: Begin by soaking the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 20 minutes. Afterward, drain the water from the cashews.
Blend the ingredients: In a high-powered blender, combine the soaked cashews, chickenless broth, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, and lemon juice. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and well combined. If your blender is not high-powered, consider soaking the cashews overnight for a smoother texture.
Combine with jackfruit: Transfer the cashew buffalo mixture into a medium baking dish. Then, add the prepared jackfruit and gently stir to combine.
Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is hot and bubbly.
Serve: Top your Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip with chopped green onions and serve with celery sticks, tortilla chips, bread, or your favorite dippers. Enjoy the spicy goodness!
Tips & Tricks
- Soaking cashews: Properly soaking cashews ensures a creamy texture in your dip. If your blender isn’t high-powered, soak them overnight for the best results.
- Adjust the heat: Tailor the spiciness to your liking by adjusting the amount of buffalo sauce. Add more for extra heat or less for a milder flavor.
- Customize toppings: Get creative with your toppings. Consider adding vegan cheese, diced tomatoes, or even avocado slices for extra flavor.
Yes, this Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip is gluten-free. Just make sure to check the labels of your buffalo sauce and broth to confirm.
Absolutely! You can prepare the dip in advance and reheat it when needed. It’s perfect for parties and gatherings.
You can typically find prepared jackfruit, including BBQ-flavored options, in the canned goods or vegan/vegetarian sections of your local grocery store.
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the dip can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Soak cashews in boiling water for at least 10 to 20 mins, then drain the water from the cashews.
- In a high-powered blender add soaked cashews, broth, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, and lemon juice and blend on high until smooth and combined. (If the blender is not high-powered, soak the cashews overnight. Otherwise the texture can be a bit gritty.)
- Add the cashew buffalo mixutre into a medium baking dish, then add in the prepared jackfruit. Stir gently to combine.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 mins. Top with chopped green onions and serve with celery sticks, tortilla chips, bread or whatever else you enjoy with buffalo dip. Enjoy!
Conclusion: Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
In conclusion, this plant-based buffalo chicken dip offers all the spicy indulgence of the classic dip without the guilt. Whether you’re a committed vegan or simply looking for a healthier alternative, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Customize it to your taste, and enjoy the bold flavors of buffalo sauce in a delicious way.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this plant-based delight! If you want more incredible spicy vegan recipes, don’t forget to access our collection of spicy recipes.