Welcome to the aromatic world of Air Fryer Roasted Garlic. This article will guide you through the process of creating this culinary gem. Roasted garlic adds a rich, earthy flavor to your dishes.
What is Air Fryer Roasted Garlic?
Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer is a simple yet delightful culinary creation. It involves roasting whole garlic bulbs until they turn caramelized and golden brown, becoming soft and spreadable. The air fryer does wonders to this ingredient, making it perfect for various dishes.
The Magic of Roasted Garlic
Roasted garlic is a flavor enhancer that takes your dishes to the next level. It adds depth, umami, and a hint of sweetness. Use it in pasta, on toast, in mashed potatoes, or any recipe that calls for garlic. The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients & Substitutions
For Air Fryer Roasted Garlic, you’ll need:
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Use any preferred cooking oil if olive oil isn’t available.
To make this recipe, you’ll need an air fryer and aluminum foil.
How To Make This Recipe
Using a sharp knife, cut off about ¼ inch off the bottom of the garlic bulb to expose the inside cloves.
Place the garlic in a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle the olive oil on the exposed cloves.
Wrap the garlic up tightly in the foil and air fry at 390°F for 20 minutes (check at 15 mins; timing may vary with different air fryers).
The garlic should be cooked all the way through, caramelized, and golden brown, feeling soft when pressed.
Once the garlic has cooled enough to handle, squeeze it out with your hands or mash it with a fork. Use it in any recipe that calls for roasted garlic.
Tips & Tricks: Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
- Experiment with the air fryer timings to achieve the desired level of caramelization.
- Add roasted garlic to your favorite dishes for a burst of flavor.
FAQ: Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
Yes, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Yes, you can roast garlic in an oven, but the air fryer offers a quicker and equally delicious alternative.
Use it in mashed potatoes, on toast, in pasta, or any recipe that calls for garlic for a rich, savory flavor.
Roasted Garlic Air Fryer
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Using a sharp knife, cut off about ¼ inch off the bottom of the bulb, to expose the inside cloves of garlic.
- Place the garlic in a peice of aluminum foil, and drizzle the olive oil on the exposed cloves of garlic.
- Wrap the garlic up tightly in the foil, and air fry at 390° for 20 minutes. (Check at 15 mins, mine is often ready at 15 but every air fryer is different. Some will take up to 25 mins)
- The garlic should be cooked all the way through, caramelized and golden brown. They should feel soft when pressed.
- Once the garlic has cooled enough to handle, squeeze the garlic out with your hands, or remove carefully and mash with a fork. Serve in any recipe that calls for roasted garlic. Enjoy!
Conclusion: Roasted Garlic in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic is a game-changer in the kitchen. It elevates the flavors of your dishes with minimal effort. Get creative and experiment with this versatile ingredient. Enjoy the incredible depth it adds to your culinary creations.