Are you looking for a delicious vegan dinner recipe that is quick and easy to make? Look no further than this tofu sheet pan dinner! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and healthy meal that will satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In A Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner?
This vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner recipe requires a variety of veggies, including cubed sweet potato, chopped broccoli, and chopped red onion. The veggies are lightly coated with extra virgin olive oil for added flavor.
For the crispy tofu, you’ll need extra firm tofu that has been pressed. Mix together nutritional yeast, tamari or soy sauce, cornstarch, Italian spice, salt and pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss the tofu in the mixture to evenly coat it, then place it on the same sheet pan as the veggies.
To complete the dish, make a Maple Tahini Dipping Sauce by combining tahini, extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, pure maple syrup, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Thin the sauce with water to your desired consistency.
This vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner recipe is packed with delicious flavors and textures that everyone will love.
- Baking sheets: Two baking sheets lined with parchment paper will make this recipe much easier to prepare and clean up.
- Tofu press: Pressing your tofu before using it in this recipe will help it to absorb more flavor and get crispy when baked.
- Mason jar: Using a mason jar to mix the dipping sauce makes it easy to store any leftover sauce in the fridge for later.
How To Make This Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe With Tahini Sauce
Preheat your oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cut your sweet potato and red onion into bite-sized pieces. Lightly toss them in olive oil and spread them out onto the first baking sheet. Place the sheet into the preheated oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
While the veggies are baking, prepare the tofu by cutting it into cubes and tossing it in a mixture of nutritional yeast, cornstarch, soy sauce, and dried spices. Spread the coated tofu out onto the second baking sheet.
Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces, lightly toss them in olive oil, and spread them out next to the tofu on the second baking sheet.
Once the 10 minutes are up, add the second baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, flipping the tofu and veggies halfway through.
While the veggies and tofu are baking, prepare the Maple Tahini Dipping Sauce by combining all ingredients into a mason jar, closing the lid tightly, and shaking to combine.
Once the tofu and veggies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
Serve the tofu and veggies with a side of the dipping sauce, or drizzle it on top for added flavor. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner With Tofu
- Make sure to press your tofu before using it in this recipe to get the best texture and flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheets. Leaving space between the veggies and tofu will help them get crispy and caramelized.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add some hot sauce or red pepper flakes to the dipping sauce.
- Customize the recipe to your liking by using different veggies or seasonings.
FAQ: Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner
Yes, you can use any type of firm or extra-firm tofu for this recipe. Just make sure to press it before using it.
While it’s not recommended to freeze this dish, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you use gluten-free tamari instead of soy sauce and cornstarch as a thickener, this recipe can be made gluten-free.
You can serve the tofu and veggies over a bed of rice or quinoa to make it a more filling meal.
Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner Vegan with Tahini Sauce
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small, cubed
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Maple Tahini Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp of each salt and pepper
- water to thin if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400F and cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potato, and red onion into bite side pieces. Toss lightly in olive oil and spread out onto the 1st baking sheet. Place into the oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the tofu by cutting into cubes and tossing in the nutritional yeast, cornstarch, soy sauce and dried spices. Spread out onto the second baking sheet.
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces, lightly toss in olive oil and spread out next to the tofu on the 2nd baking sheet.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, add the 2nd baking sheet into the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the veggies and tofu are baking, prepare the maple tahini dipping sauce by combining all ingredients into a mason jar, closing the lid and shaking to combine.
- Serve with a side of the dipping sauce, or drizzle it on top. Enjoy!
Looking for a tasty vegan dinner option? Try this tofu sheet pan meal! It’s nutritious and can be customized with your favorite veggies. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, this meal features a delicious maple tahini dipping sauce for added flavor and healthy fats. Plus, with our tips and tricks, it’s easy to make this dish a weekly staple. Give it a try and impress your taste buds tonight!