Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Vegan. This vegan pasta dish is packed with flavor and ready in under 15 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknight dinners, this vegan roasted red pepper pasta is a crowd-pleaser and a definite must-try. With its rich and creamy sauce, made with roasted red peppers and blended to perfection, it’s a dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free. Serve with your favorite gluten-free pasta for a complete gluten-free meal.
Ingredients & Substitutions: What Is In The Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
If you’re looking for a flavorful and healthy meal, this roasted red pepper pasta recipe is just what you need! To make this delicious vegan pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of pasta of your choice (red lentil or chickpea noodles are great with this recipe)
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup of vegan feta (we recommend using Voilife)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of agave or other sweetener
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Roasted Red Peppers
To make this recipe in only 15 minutes you’ll need red peppers that have already been roasted. They can be purchased in a jar ahead of time from amazon or in your grocery store. You can also roast your own red peppers in advance to save time. If you are roasting the peppers yourself, be sure to remove the pepper skin.
For this recipe, I used voilife vegan feta cheese. Any vegan feta cheese will work for this recipe. Check out this recipe for homemade high-protein vegan feta. If you don’t have vegan feta, vegan ricotta will do the trick!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Although olive oil is the most complimentary flavour for this recipe, any neutral-flavored oil can be used. If you have garlic-infused oil, even better!
The pasta in this recipe is versatile, allowing you to use any type of noodle you prefer. Red lentil or chickpea noodles work particularly well with this recipe, providing additional protein and fiber. The roasted red peppers add a smoky and sweet flavor to the dish, while the vegan feta provides a tangy and salty taste.
To enhance the flavor, we also add extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, agave (or other sweetener), chili flakes, salt, and pepper. These simple ingredients come together to create a delicious and satisfying pasta dish that you will want to make again and again.
So, gather all the ingredients, and let’s get started on making this delicious and healthy roasted red pepper pasta!
Here is a section on some helpful tools that can make preparing your Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Vegan even easier:
- Food Processor: A food processor is an essential tool for making the vegan red pepper sauce. It helps to blend all the ingredients together to create a smooth and creamy sauce in no time. Plus, it saves you the hassle of manually chopping the roasted red peppers.
- Pasta Pot: Having a large pot specifically for cooking pasta is a must-have in any kitchen. It allows you to cook the pasta evenly and avoid clumping together. A good quality pasta pot can also make it easier to drain the pasta, which is essential for this recipe.
- Vegetable Peeler: A vegetable peeler is an excellent tool to have for peeling the skin off the roasted red peppers. It’s much faster and safer than trying to use a knife.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Accurate measurements are essential for making a delicious and consistent pasta dish. Using measuring cups and spoons ensures that you use the right amount of each ingredient and helps you to get the perfect balance of flavors.
- Serving Dish: While not strictly necessary, having a nice serving dish can make your Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Vegan look even more appealing. Plus, it makes it easier to serve the dish to your family or guests.
How To Make This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
First, start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Be sure to keep an eye on the pasta and avoid overcooking it to ensure it remains al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, it’s time to make the sauce. In a food processor, add the roasted red peppers, vegan feta, olive oil, chili flakes, agave, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth and well combined.
Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
Add the cooked pasta noodles, the reserved pasta water, and the red pepper sauce back into the saucepan. Stir everything together to combine well.
Now that everything is combined, it’s time to add some finishing touches. Top the dish with fresh herbs of your choice and some vegan parmesan. These toppings add extra flavor and texture to the dish, taking it to a whole new level!
Serve the dish hot and enjoy your delicious Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Vegan. This dish is perfect for any night of the week when you’re craving something healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. So go ahead and give it a try!
Tips & Tricks For This Vegan Red Pepper Pasta
- It’s gluten-free when served with GF pasta noodles.
- Use the Right Type of Pasta: While you can use any type of pasta you prefer, it’s best to use red lentil or chickpea noodles with this recipe. These noodles are high in protein and fiber, and they hold the sauce really well, making them an excellent choice for a vegan pasta dish.
- Adjust the Spiciness: If you prefer your pasta to be spicy, feel free to add more chili flakes. If you don’t like spicy food, just leave them out altogether.
- Reserve Some Pasta Water: Be sure to reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining the noodles. This starchy water is perfect for thinning out the sauce and creating a creamier consistency.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Adding fresh herbs like basil or parsley to the top of your pasta will not only add some extra flavor but also give it a pop of color.
FAQ: Easy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer, but red lentil or chickpea noodles work best with this recipe.
The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your preference by adding more or less chili flakes.
Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat the sauce and cook the pasta noodles.
Vegan feta adds a nice tangy flavor to the sauce, but you can substitute it with any other vegan cheese or leave it out altogether.
This vegan roasted red pepper pasta lasts 1-2 days in the fridge in an airtight container. When serving the sauce with pasta, it is best served right away. The roasted red pepper sauce (without pasta noodles) lasts up to 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container. I do not recommend freezing this sauce as it alters the consistency.
It’s not recommended to freeze this pasta dish, as the texture of the sauce may change once it’s been frozen and thawed.
Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Vegan
- 200 grams pasta of your choice (red lentil or chickpea noodles are great with this recipe)
- 4 roasted red peppers
- ½ cup cup vegan feta (I use voilife)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp agave or other sweetener
- chili flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is boiling, add roasted red peppers, vegan feta, olive oil, chili flakes, agave, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Keep 1/4 cup of the pasta water and rain the rest.
- Add the cooked pasta noodles, pasta water, and red pepper sauce back into the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Top with fresh herbs and vegan parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
This vegan roasted red pepper pasta recipe is a perfect dinner option when you are short on time. Sometimes you simply don’t have 30-45 minutes to soak cashews and roast red peppers. Although this recipe is extremely simple, it is not lacking flavour. The key ingredient in this recipe is the roasted red peppers. Which adds a sweet and smoky flavor to the sauce. The sauce can also be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to a week, making it a great option for meal prepping.
In conclusion, this vegan roasted red pepper pasta recipe is a quick and easy dinner option that comes together in under 15 minutes. It is packed full of flavor, versatile, and can be made in advance. It pairs well with fresh herbs and vegan parmesan cheese, making it a perfect meal to serve to your vegan guests or a great option for meal prepping.